Sunday, July 22, 2012

I will go I will do...

The July's Primary song was "Nephi's Courage"  Here's a couple of the lyrics to remind you of this song.
With energy
1. The Lord commanded Nephi to go and get the plates
From the wicked Laban inside the city gates.
Laman and Lemuel were both afraid to try.
Nephi was courageous. This was his reply:
2. The Lord commanded Nephi to go and build a boat.
Nephi’s older brothers believed it would not float.
Laughing and mocking, they said he should not try.
Nephi was courageous. This was his reply:
3. The Lord gives us commandments and asks us to obey.
Sometimes I am tempted to choose another way.
When I’m discouraged, and think I cannot try,
I will be courageous, and I will reply:
Chorus
“I will go; I will do the thing the Lord commands.
I know the Lord provides a way; he wants me to obey.
I will go; I will do the thing the Lord commands.
I know the Lord provides a way; he wants me to obey.”

This song is fabulous and really sticks.  During our stay in Teasdale I heard all the little grand girls singing this at separate times.  Jane and Emily stood in front of Grandpa Dick and Grandma Becky and each confidently sang a verse with the actions included.  Later when Allyson was singing it with  William she had William doing the actions which my girls thought was so amazing that even Willie knows the song.  On our way home we stopped by Brooke's house and I noticed Bryler was sitting at the table eating her dinner and singing the song as well.   Sarah just called and told me a story about how Bentley and Branson were outside playing in the ditch LaRon had to dig to fix his septic tank.   Bentley said "Common Branson lets be like Laman and Lemuel and do the things the Lord commands"  Sarah thought it was cute even if she got it a little mixed up.

No comments: